Posted 9 months ago
The Specialist, Client Services works directly with clients and customers to ensure the accuracy and integrity of invoices, timely follow-up and collection of open invoices, provide direction on client portal accounts, and assure timely distribution of invoices and client transaction reporting. The Specialist acts as liaison with Account Managers to respond to billing questions, run invoice reports, discuss or resolve accounts in dispute or pricing not aligned with client contract terms. This position is a key contributor to the Revenue Cycle ensuring a high level of customer and client service.
Essential Job Functions:
- Acts as subject matter expert for assigned clients regarding invoicing, billing, contract terms, client portal, and pricing.
- Validates client statements, client invoices and bi-weekly open invoice reports prior to distributing timely to clients.
- Responds timely to client invoice inquiries or discrepancies. Escalates disputes to Supervisor, Client Services.
- Follows up on client and customer balances directly to discuss outstanding balances, overdue balances, and obtain client payments.
- Collaborates with Account Managers to meet with clients on site or virtually for training, policy review, invoicing or any other topic as needed.
- Continually fosters and builds relationships by providing customer service support and expertise to clients.
- Utilizes Open Invoice Report to generate missing employee insurance information by Client by home. Provides updated reports to Swab Team.
- Supports Client onboarding and client maintenance of resident and employee registration information, data uploads, and registration data entry as needed.
- Monitors processes to assure timely and accurate entry of information into Seacoast registration application.
- Utilizes external vendor data for non-PPS clients to register employee’s or patient’s insurance information required for orders and claims submission.
- Partners with the census data specialists to ensure timely downloading, uploading, and flow of client data for accurate invoicing. Continually meets or exceeds productivity and quality metrics for Client Services Specialists.
- Participates in standard operating procedure and training documentation creation and maintenance as needed.
- Remains current with trends, regulatory requirements, and business strategies related to the payer relations and revenue cycle.
- Operates in compliance with all local, state and Federal laws as well as policy and compliance standards.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Associate’s Degree in business, information systems, finance, or related field preferred.
- 3+ years-experience in customer relations or client services required; Healthcare service provider setting preferred.
- 3+ years-experience in collections; Business to business preferred.
Client Services Specialist