The Patient Account Lead is responsible for patient accounts receivable management and performs follow-up on open patient balances for Lifescan Labs. The Lead generates statements, patient accounts receivable reports, and responds to all patient balance inquiries. The Lead interacts
directly with patients, patient representatives, attorneys, nursing homes, and clients to collect patient amounts due. The Lead acts as liaison with any first party and collection agency to ensure appropriate handling of transferred patient balances. The Lead is a key contributor to the Revenue Cycle by identifying and reporting inefficiencies and opportunities that enhance revenue flow, increase collections, and minimize write-offs.
Essential Job Functions:
• Manages and reduces the private pay accounts receivable by prioritizing high dollar accounts, generating patient statements, and following up on unpaid patient balances.
• Responds to patient balance and insurance payer explanation of benefits questions via inbound calls, letters, or emails. Provides thorough explanations for patient balances and payer remittance.
• Interacts with attorneys or the patient’s estate representative to collect payments on open balances. Negotiates payment settlement as appropriate. Updates patient demographic records within the revenue cycle system.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in business, healthcare, or related field preferred.
• 4+ years-experience with patient account resolution, self-pay collections, and self-pay after
• 4+ years related experience in a business office on a revenue cycle team making outbound calls.